nedeľa 20. mája 2018

New Words

How to learn new words


1. Use a dictionary. Do you know these words?


sea, to spend, hour, yesterday, to travel
midnight, bath, to agree, tomorrow, to earn


2. Read the definitions. Can you match the new words with their meaning?


sixty minutes
the salt water that covers most of the earth’s surface
to use money to pay for something
to go on a journey or visit different places
the day before today

to have the same opinion as someone else
a long deep container that you fill with water and wash yourself in
to get money for work that you do
twelve o’clock at night
the day after today


3. Write your own sentences. Try to use the new words in sentences.


Our examples:

We went to the sea on holiday.
I spend money on books.
He was waiting for an hour.
She called me yesterday.
I like travelling.

The phone rang at midnight.
I'm going to have a bath.
Do you agree?
I'll call my parents tomorrow.
They need to earn more money.


You can post your own sentences in the comment section below.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára